Accomplishing your Cisco Certification Training Course and getting certified by Cisco are among the best ways to go further in your career as an IT professional. It usually works in four stages.
First, you identify the kind of Cisco certification perfect for your expertise and interests. For majority of the certifications, including routing and switching, collaboration, security, wireless, and design, the first Certification you need to take is the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT); some certifications only begins with Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Next, you decide whether you want to pursue this or not. If you do, then it will be best to enroll in a Cisco certification training course to strengthen the knowledge and skills you already have. Of course, after completing the course, it is finally time for you to take an exam and grab the certification. But after your first certification, what’s next?
How does the journey of launching a successful IT career go?
- Pursue to be an Associate. If the track you have chosen is one of those mentioned above, the second step to a bright future for your IT career is undergoing a training on CCNA. Cisco actually considers this one as a required action if you want to jumpstart a career in IT networking.
Centers providing CCNA training in the Philippines usually cover the basics of the certification:
- ▷ Cisco IOS
- ▷ IP Addressing
- ▷ Configuration and Verification
- ▷ Routing
- ▷ Network programs
- ▷ Route aggregation
- ▷ among others
- Take other fundamental courses. Becoming a CCNA opens up various learning opportunities for you. Once you become a certified associate, you can now enroll to other courses that will help you increase your skills and knowledge on what you do and will likewise prepare you for more advanced certifications.
Some of the courses offered in training centers in the country include:
- ▷ CCNA Security
- ▷ Cisco Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) fundamentals course
- ▷ Cisco Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) fundamentals course
- Strive to be a professional. If you want your career to boom, this is another required step, according to Cisco. You have to go through more training, and take another exam to be a cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
Note that the professional certification you will have to aim for must be aligned to your CCNA. For instance, if you have a CCNA Collaboration certification, you must get a CCNP of the same category. One of the most common Cisco training courses offered is the CCNP training on Routing, as well as in Switching.
However, there are other certifications that ends with the Associate stage, such as CCNA Cyber Operations and CCNA Industrial.
- Be an expert. Being a CCNP is already a huge leverage for you as an IT professional. However, if you want to continue climbing up the career ladder, Cisco recommends that you become a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE). For majority of the certifications, this stage is usually the highest.
To be successful in the IT industry, it is important to never stop growing and never cease learning. Enroll to more courses to obtain more Cisco certifications. It is also important to choose a training institution that offers many of these courses in the most efficient and excellent way possible.